Neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory activity of marine sponge extract and HPLC profiling of its components
- Neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory activity of marine sponge extract and HPLC profiling of its components
- 박진수; 이재욱; 김민선; 김다은; 안혜숙
- Anti-inflammatory activity; High-performance liquid chromatography profiling; Neuroprotective activity; Sponge
- Issue Date
- Journal of Applied Biological Chemistry
- VOL 64, NO 1-38
- Marine sponges contain pharmacologically attractive substances that exhibit strong cytotoxicity and are used as materials to isolate potential drug candidates. However, with a growing interest in marine ecosystem conservation, it is becoming increasingly difficult to gather a sponge for natural product research. To build a database to cope with this issue, we measured the neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory activity of 181 sponge extracts. As a result, we found 17 samples with neuroprotective effects and 14 samples with anti-inflammatory effects. In addition, high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) analysis was
performed to compare the components contained in each sample, and based on HPLC profiles, a dendrogram according to similarity was created. The results of this study suggested the possibility of discovering the active compounds in the sponge and laid the basis for efficient research on the sponge.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.