Highly photon-loss-tolerant quantum computing using hybrid qubits
- Highly photon-loss-tolerant quantum computing using hybrid qubits
- 이승우; S Omkar; Y. S. Teo; 정현석
- Quantum Computing; Optical Hybrid Qubit; Photon
- Issue Date
- Physical review. A
- VOL 103, 032602
- We investigate a scheme for topological quantum computing using optical hybrid qubits and make an extensive comparison with previous all-optical schemes. We show that the photon loss threshold reported by Omkar et al. [Phys. Rev. Lett. 125, 060501 (2020)] can be improved further by employing postselection and multi-Bellstate-measurement-based entangling operations to create a special cluster state, known as Raussendorf lattice for topological quantum computation. In particular, the photon loss threshold is enhanced up to 5.7 × 10-3,
which is the highest reported value given a reasonable error model. This improvement is obtained at the price of consuming more resources by an order of magnitude compared with the scheme in the aforementioned reference. Nevertheless, this scheme remains resource-efficient compared with other known optical schemes for faulttolerant quantum computation.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.