Diagnosis of severe sepsis using phospholipids enzymatic assay based on cyclic voltammetry
- Diagnosis of severe sepsis using phospholipids enzymatic assay based on cyclic voltammetry
- 강민정; Jun-Hee Park; Jong-Min Park; Ga-Yeon Lee; Zhiquan Song; Jeong Soo Sung; Nam Su Ku; Eun Hye Lee; Kwang Hwan Park; Moo Suk Park; Sang-Guk Lee; Jae-Chul Pyun
- Sepsis; Diagnosis; Phospholipid; Enzyme assay; Cyclic voltammetry; Graphite
- Issue Date
- Enzyme and microbial technology
- VOL 144, 109728
- In this work phospholipid quantification was carried out using an enzymatic assay based on cyclic voltammetry of the condensation product of N-ethyl-N-(2-hydroxy-3-sulfopropyl)-3,5-dimethoxyaniline sodium salt (DAOS) and 4-aminoantipyrine (4-AP) with a graphite electrode. For the optimization of electrochemical measurement for the product, electrochemical properties such as the electrochemical window, double layer capacitance (Cdl) and electron transfer rate (kapp) were analyzed for a graphite-electrode and Au-electrode. The phospholipid enzymatic assay based the on electrochemical measurement using the graphite electrode was applied to the diagnosis of sepsis for sera from healthy volunteers (n=16), patients with systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS, n=16) and severe sepsis patients (n=24). Finally, the phospholipid quantification results from the electrochemical measurement were statistically compared with the conventional method based on optical density measurement.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.