Effect of Cr addition on room temperature hydrogenation of TiFe alloys
- Effect of Cr addition on room temperature hydrogenation of TiFe alloys
- 조영환; 서진유; 심재혁; 이영수; 무함마드 파이살; 이상인; 김하영; 정지윤; 허주열
- Hydrogen storage alloy; TiFe alloy; Activation; Pressureecomposition isotherm
- Issue Date
- International journal of hydrogen energy
- VOL 46, NO 37-19485
- This paper discusses the effect of AB2 (Ti(Cr, Fe)2) phase on the hydrogenation properties of a Ti？Fe？Cr alloy system. Five Ti？Fe？Cr based alloys were fabricated by varying the Cr content. The microstructural analysis results revealed that the fraction of the Ti(Cr, Fe)2 phase increased with the increasing Cr content. The first hydrogenation test results indicated that all the alloys could absorb a significant amount of hydrogen at room temperature (30 °C) without a separate activation process. This behavior improved when the Ti(Cr, Fe)2 phase existed in the AB phase; the kinetics of the first hydrogenation tended to increase with the fraction of Ti(Cr, Fe)2 phase. The enhancement in the first hydrogenation kinetics of the Ti？Fe？Cr based alloys was attributed to the synergetic effect of the interface between the AB and Ti(Cr, Fe)2 phases and the inherent fast hydrogenation of the Ti(Cr, Fe)2 phase. However, the total hydrogen storage capacity decreased when the fraction of Ti(Cr, Fe)2 phase increased.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.