The Mechanism of Schottky Barrier Modulation of Tantalum Nitride/Ge Contacts
- The Mechanism of Schottky Barrier Modulation of Tantalum Nitride/Ge Contacts
- 백승헌; 서유진; 이석원; 황완식; 유현용; 이석희; 조병진
- Issue Date
- IEEE Electron Device Letters
- VOL 36, NO 10-1000
- In this letter, we discuss the mechanism of Schottky barrier height (SBH) modulation of the TaN/Ge contact by varying the nitrogen concentration in the TaN. The Fermi level, which is strongly pinned near the valence band edge of Ge, moves to the conduction band edge of Ge with higher nitrogen concentration in the reactive sputtered TaN. This SBH modulation is attributed to the presence of an electric dipole induced by Ge？N bonds at the interface of the TaN/Ge contact. This SBH modulation due to the semiconductor？nitrogen bonds at the interface is not specific to TaN/Ge, but rather is a general feature in various transitionmetal nitride systems on various semiconductors.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.